Motorola has a live webcast of their event starting in just 5 minutes. A bunch of rumors and leaks have already been spread about what they will be announcing, but hopefully there are still a few surprises that will be made. Likely announcements include the Motorola Razr and Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility.
Updates will appear as we learn more during the live webcast.
Here is a short list of the announcements:
- "the ultimate fitness device" – a new small device that is wearable that tracks your fitness and is powered by Android. Looks like a big iPod Nano
- ear-based heartrate monitor that is wireless
- storage for 4,000 songs
- FM Radio
- bike mount at Amazon - Nov 6th… so assume same launch day as device – confirmed date
- 8GB $249, $16GB 299 – a bit pricy
Droid RAZR by Motorola: November 2011 (Oct 27 Preorder)
- 4.3 inch screen
- 1.2 GHz +1GB Ram
- 8MP Camera – 1080P
- 7.1mm thin
- Diamond Cut Al
- 12.5 Hours Talk Time
- Software Features:
- HDMI Output
- RAZR and MotoACTV interact seamlessly
That's all — We were hoping for a little more… with Android 4.0 being announced later today, it will be eliminating the need for the four physical (home/back/option/search) buttons on the bottom of Android phones, so it seems likely that the RAZR will be overshadowed by the announcement of the Nexus Prime in about 9 hours. We will have coverage of that tonight.
We'll have to sit tight and wait about 9 more hours to enjoy our dessert with Google and Samsung's Ice Cream Sandwich and Nexus Prime Event.